General Education and Training Certificate: Clothing Manufacturing Processes
NQF Level: 1
This qualification is applicable to people within the clothing sector. This qualification will help prepare learners for employment and further education or training. The qualification will introduce the skills, knowledge and understanding needed by those considering a career in the clothing sector. This qualification will allow a learner to obtain a nationally recognised qualification in clothing manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of entrepreneurship and develop entrepreneurial qualities.
- Manage personal finances
- Demonstrate an understanding of managerial expertise and administrative capabilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of supply and demand, and the concept production.
- Perform basic life support and / or first aid procedures in emergencies and assist community members to access services in accordance with their health-related human rights.
- Comply with quality procedures and practices when finishing and storing pressed and ironed items.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to participate effectively in the workplace.
- Research market trends and determine customer needs and in so doing successfully negotiate price and delivery requirements with customers.
- Identify component parts of a product and in so doing calculate the quantities and cost of various component parts as per customer requirements.
- Determine the appropriate material requirements and in so doing identify a range of suppliers from which to select and buy materials.
- Complete a minimum of two different garments or home textiles using a lockstitch sewing machine and in so doing cut, sew, finish and inspect the completed garments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Fundamental Communication as it pertains to language skills, processes, knowledge and practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental Mathematical Literacy as it pertains to a range of computational skills